Day Hiking Columbia River Gorge
National Scenic Area/Silver Star Scenic Area/Portland--Vancouver to The Dalles
*star ratings imported from Goodreads.com
**UPDATE** We have a correction regarding Hike #39, Grassy Knoll and Big Huckleberry Mountain (page 137) To download the updated driving directions for the trailhead please click HERE
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE 7 MILE HIKE, "HARDY RIDGE"
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE 13 MILE HIKE, "MOUNT DEFIANCE"
(Provide us with a little information and we'll send your download directly to your inbox)
* The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area is the single biggest visitor destination in Oregon
* 25 of these hikes are published here for the first time
* Caters to the greater Portland, Oregon-Vancouver, Washington metro area
The Columbia River Gorge forms much of the long border between Washington and Oregon, offering hikers a multitude of beautiful trails. Famous for its cascading waterfalls, the region offers spectacular views of the mighty river and its windswept bluffs, as well as stunning panoramas of the surrounding landscape and peaks including Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, Mount Adams, and the Sisters.
Day Hiking Columbia River Gorge, by well-known hiking author Craig Romano, features:
* 100 day hikes on both sides of the river
* extensive year-round hiking options
* trails in the National Scenic Area, Silver Star Scenic Area, Trapper Creek, Clark County, and beyond
* easy-to-read icons for waterfalls, views, dog-friendly trails, and more
* detailed driving directions and trail maps
* info on flora and fauna, the unusual Gorge winds, and its abundance of waterfalls
Learn more about author Craig Romano on his blog World Hiker or connect with him one step further by "liking" his page on Facebook.